I got to Pittsburgh airport right around noon, made it through security really quickly, and found my gate, which was at the end of the terminal. I then sat around for several hours until my plane got there. The flight went well and I soon found myself in Chicago, with only a slight delay. I was a little worried because I didn't have much time between my flights and it was a big airport. But thankfully, my next flight was delayed a little due to deicing.
My next leg was from Chicago to Madrid. It was really nice because I had an isle seat and the plane wasn't crowded at all. The man that was next to me ended up moving into the empty seats behind us so we both had more room for sleeping. Speaking of sleeping, I slept for about four hours on that flight, on and off. It was a little hard due to a screaming baby nearly the whole flight, but thanks to my eyemask, earplugs, neck pillow and good ole melatonin, I was at least able to sleep a little. The food on that flight was also pretty good. For dinner I had chicken and rice with vegetables, a crab salad thing, cheese and bread, and for desert, tiramisu. Breakfast was a croissant stuffed with ham,a fruit cup, a blueberry muffin, and a kitkat bar(I know right? I was confused, too.).
There were times I seriously thought I was going to die on that flight due to the nasty turbulence. So not fun.
I finally made it to Spain! The Madrid airport was HUGE and really nice. It was a bit challenging because hardly anyone spoke English, so I had to use Spanish at times. While walking to my gate area, I met two other girls from CEA and then, after finding my gate number (it wasn't posted on my ticket or on the boards. I had to end up going to customer service) I met one of my roommates, Callie!
When we finally made it to Granada, we were taken to our apartment and given information and keys. Our apartment manager, Manuel, took Callie and I to a nice tapas bar around the corner from our apartment. I was amazed at the delicious food! I even liked the seafood that was given to me. Our other roommate, Ashley, arrived later that night and we all went out for tapas with some other CEA people we had met up with.
That was pretty much my first day! I'll post more soon :)
-Christy
Even though it was a long, bumpy flight it sounds like things came together ok for you. Glad you made it safely. Now, enjoy and relax a bit.
ReplyDelete