Well, it's the final countdown! Seven days until I'm finally leaving for España. It's starting to become more of a bittersweet thought. I'm so thrilled to be spending time studying in Spain and experiencing a different culture. But at the same time, I'm really starting to realize just how much I love home and my friends and family. I never thought I would admit it, but I'm actually really sad to leave home - which for me is really weird. I've never been homesick before and I'm a little apprehensive that I will be while in Spain and I won't know how to deal with it. Oh well. Just take it a day at a time, right? :)
Anyways, enough of my worrying! On to better and brighter news!
I FINALLY received my apartment information for Granada! (note to friends and family: if you would like my address for while I am in Spain, just text, call, email, facebook me, etc. I'm not going to post it online.) I have two roommates, Callie and Ashley, who seem to be very sweet girls. :) Our apartment is in a wonderful location and is only a 10 minute walk from the campus building and a 15 minute walk to the Alhambra! I'm really looking forward to experiencing the different parts of the city and exploring the surrounding areas - especially grocery shopping! Another great thing about my apartment is that there is free WIFI! So I can update my blog in the comfort of my room. :)
I have a little story that I almost forgot to tell you guys!
I was looking for a book to read on my bookshelf when I found this book:
(Image Copyright Christy Purinton)
It's Tales of the Alhambra written by Washington Irving! It was published in Granada in 1978 but was originally published in 1832 and then later revised by Irving in 1851. I had NO idea this book was on my shelf and thought it was a funny coincidence! I'm hoping to finish the book before I leave. It's actually a very interesting read, much to my surprise. :) I'll try to keep you all posted on what I think if/when I finish it.
My next post will be about how to pack your life into one suitcase for 4 months! Stay tuned! ;)
- Christy
No comments:
Post a Comment