Followers

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

How to Pack Your Life in One Suitcase





Tomorrow is the day! It's all gone so fast, but soon, I'll be on my way to Spain! It's currently 4°F outside but it feels more like -12. So, I'm pretty overjoyed to be going somewhere where it's currently 46°F!


As promised, I would show you how I managed to pack my life in a suitcase.

I was originally going to roll all of my clothes in outfits and just put them in that way, but thanks to my lovely friend Chrissy's advice, I used a 4-piece compression bag set by American Tourister.



They're really nice for traveling because you don't need to lug a pump around to extract the air! You just fill them and roll them.










I was surprised at how much space it saved! I packed about 8 shirts in this particular bag and as you can see, it really didn't take up too much room.


I also stuffed my suitcase with a couple of dryer sheets. even though most of my clothes are in bags, I still want my suitcase smelling fresh; dryer sheets are a great way to do that!


























And now, for the final result:


Voila! My "whole life" in one suticase! :) it contains:

10 tops

6 jeans

3 pairs of shorts

2 leggings

2 dresses

2 workout tops

4 pairs of pajamas

7 panties

4 pairs of socks

5 tanks

6 bras

4 boot socks

1 pair tights

running shoes

converse shoes

boots

flats

flip flops

2 pairs sandals

snow pants 

winter jacket

sweatshirt

swimsuit

gloves 

3 scarves

Not too shabby if I do say so myself! There are also a few miscellaneous items thrown in, like belts and deodorant, but I didn't feel they were worth mentioning. I still have to pack my carry-on, but I'm pretty much done! Yay! Now its off to Spain! I'll let you know when I get there and tell you about the flight experience with LOTS of pictures! :D




Besos!




-Christy




No comments:

Post a Comment