Followers

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

VISA!!!!!


Well, I've been kinda sorta panicking this week. It always seems before something good happens, I start to freak.
For example:

I had applied to one college when I was a senior in high school. I guess I could have applied to more schools  but I'm gonna be honest with you. I did NOT want to write any essays. So I applied to IUP because I didn't have to write one (although it was strongly recommended). I had good grades and rather decent SAT scores, so I was decently confident I would make it in without a problem. A couple of weeks go by after I send in my application and I'm thinking, Okay. This is normal. They have a lot of applications coming in and it will take them a little bit to get to mine. A couple more weeks pass and that's where I start to freak. I wasn't going to be accepted. It was taking way too long! I didn't write an essay. . . WHY DIDN'T I WRITE ONE??!
 I started having nightmares about being rejected. What the heck was I going to do? It was too late to apply to other schools. I was going to be a sad McDonald's employee for the rest of my life.
When I finally resigned to my fate of flipping burgers and frying fries, I got the letter in the mail. I was accepted into college!

Anyways, my point is, I tend to overreact before things happen - especially when that thing is important to me! The same thing has kinda been happening with my visa over the last couple of days. It's been on my mind constantly! What if I don't get it? What if it gets lost in the mail? What if I filled out my forms incorrectly and have to reapply? I was so worried that if I didn't get it, I would still have to pay the fee for the program, which isn't cheap ladies and gentlemen! But, God has an awesome way of working things out and I found out today, after resigning to the fact that I wasn't going to get it, that it arrived in the mail with my passport! :D

So, plane ticket - check! Visa - Check! Passport - Check! Camera - Check! Journal - Check!
Looks like I'm almost ready to go!

48 DAYS!!!!!!

-Christy

2 comments:

  1. Just found out about your blog...very cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for checking it out! I hope you will keep on coming back :)

    ReplyDelete